Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Building placement question

Hi everyone, new user here. Currently addicted to the game Tongue

I'm learning to mod by way of changing some buildings and I wonder: Is there a way to modify the placement logic of watermills so it's allowed to exist on the inside corner of shorelines, much like fishermen houses? I thought adding a new model related to those corners would do the trick, but the game still throws a 'There are no models that satisfy the location' message.

Here's an image of what I'm talking about. Concrete tiles mark the new placement tiles I'm trying to mod in (And the custom model up north, still in testing)
[Image: t9qSZOK.jpg]

The watermill code is this one. So you could add a new building where coastalDeep: 1, instead of 2 (or even 0, you can try). I am not sure if it will work if you dont add a new model, but you can try. Otherwise here is the voxel mode of water mill

Code:
{
"name": "Watermill",
"codeName": "molinoAgua",
"cost":
[
{
"rec": "trabajo0",
"q": 100
},
{
"rec": "madera",
"q": 300
}
],
"produces":
[
{
"rec": "energia",
"q": 90
},
{
"rec": "madera",
"q": -3
}
],
"buildingsNeeded":
[
{
"building": "molinoAgua",
"radio": 5,
"q": 0,
"biggerThan": false
}
],
"drawRange": 5,
"storage":
[
{
"rec": "energia",
"q": 50
}
],
"preunblock":
[
{
"gloVar": "poblacion",
"q": 500
}
],
"unblock":
[
{
"gloVar": "poblacion",
"q": 900
}
],
"color": "B07484",
"category": "industrias",
"coastal": true,
"coastalDepth": 2,
"distanceToRoad": 3,
"canWaterRiver": true,
"buildable": true,
"models":
[
"KMolinoAgua,1,1"
]
},

Attached Files
.zip   KMolinoAgua.zip (Size: 54.07 KB / Downloads: 4)

Thank you for the reply! I've tried the newBuilding method and it doesn't seem to work as a replace method, the original watermill with coastalDepth 2 seems to take priority. I guess I better stick with adding a separate building for this Smile
I have another question related to building properties: Are newBuilding biome variants possible? (as in, have the custom building appear snowy in tundra) I tried using the biomeChange + construs snow model method from the example rules file, but that seems to be tied to the map biome rules and not accesible by the newBuildings file.

I didn't still implement the biome variants on mods, sorry

It's fine, don't worry about it. Thank you for your help Smile