Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help - Very Strange Mod Glitch

Question 
So I've just about finished my luxury pool building but:

When you delete the building, it leaves behind a blue hole AND still gives yields as if it was there?
Even stranger: If you bulldoze the pool and then wait a few game months, sometimes it will be IMPOSSIBLE to delete the strange blue void.
If you build this pool house before ANY residential in sandbox mode, it'll prevent residential from ever being able to spawn.

Absolutely no idea what I've done wrong, been staring at these few lines of code for an hour just baffled.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   LuxuryPool_Danza.zip (Size: 310.87 KB / Downloads: 7)

Beautiful building, though probably a bit overpowered Wink

I think the "root" property might be the cause. Just delete it; seemed to work for me (otherwise it should probably be the id of the building, not a non-existing one).

(07-23-2022, 07:36 AM)Pyoro Wrote: Beautiful building, though probably a bit overpowered Wink

I think the "root" property might be the cause. Just delete it; seemed to work for me (otherwise it should probably be the id of the building, not a non-existing one).

Yup that instantly fixed it thankyou! I don't actually know what "root" is for but saw many other mods had it so I included it, maybe its related to buildings upgrading or something!
Also nerfed the stats and increased the build cost to 2000 unskilled labour, still kept the health bonus Smile

root is for multi-tile buildings. Like say you build 4 1-tile buildings and it combines into 1 4-tile building. If you then delete 1 tile, it should return to 3-tiles of the "root" building instead of just deleting everything. So if other mods are using it while not having that sort of multi-tile building system they are probably wrong, but ... everyone's still learning what works and how, so these things happen Wink

As for the stats due to it giving health I think it should also cost some high skill labor, but maybe that's just me. I mean, it is pretty large, which I guess is a "nerf" on its own already, compared to other options Smile

(07-23-2022, 09:53 AM)Pyoro Wrote: root is for multi-tile buildings. Like say you build 4 1-tile buildings and it combines into 1 4-tile building. If you then delete 1 tile, it should return to 3-tiles of the "root" building instead of just deleting everything. So if other mods are using it while not having that sort of multi-tile building system they are probably wrong, but ... everyone's still learning what works and how, so these things happen Wink

As for the stats due to it giving health I think it should also cost some high skill labor, but maybe that's just me. I mean, it is pretty large, which I guess is a "nerf" on its own already, compared to other options Smile

Thankyou for clarifying! And yeah the high skill labour cost is a good idea, thanks Smile